Santacon Portland occurs annually on the first Saturday of December.
Join hundreds of other Santas on an epic bar crawl! We're one of many Santacon events that happen across the world. Come out and have a few drinks with us!
Want to know where we're going to be? Take a look at the route.
All of our updates hit our facebook page first.RSVP on Facebook
What do I need to know?
- Costumes are required. Just a santa hat or a funny sweater is not enough. The silliness is the point. A full Santa suit is the best costume, but we're open to others if they're creative. (Other santacons are santa-suits-only. We're not.) We've seen lots of reindeer, Christmas trees, leg lamps, a few snowmen, and even a Hanukkah Harry.
- We use the hashtag #SantaconPWM across all social media. #Santacon gets used all over, so adding our airport code makes it unique to both. Santas are on all the networks.
- You don't have to come for the whole thing, but it is fun to. It's really worth trying to be there for the group photo. There's usually a late night group photo. And Sam (our photographer) is around.
- There are no tickets. You can just show up (in costume). We'd appreciate if you marked yourself as attending on the facebook event, so we can estimate numbers. But if someone tries to sell you a ticket, they're not one of us.
- For the most part, the group sticks together. Listen for "Santas on the move!" as notice to head to the next place.
- Adults only. This is a bar crawl. It's 21+, no exceptions. If you're reading this now, go get your wallet, and check that your ID hasn't expired. Anticipate beign carded at every stop.
- Pace yourself. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Add in some extra glasses of water. Make sure to stop somewhere for food.
- Cash is your friend. Gets you in and out from the bar faster.
- Santa tips well.
- Don't be a Krampus. Everyone's out to have a good time. If you're a bad drunk, Santa reserves the right to kick you out of the club.
- Look for "Santas Welcome" or "No Santas" signs - if a venue doesn't want Santas, that's okay, we have lots of other options.
- Remember why we do this - Because it's fun. The holidays are a very stressful time, and they're very focused on kids and family. While that's fine and all, Santacon gives the adults a chance to do something fun and silly. So, come have a drink (or three) with us, make some friends, have a good time.
- Take two asprin and drink two large glasses of water before you go to bed.
- Questions? Send them through the contact form, Facebook or email.
Over the past years, we've collected donations for Through These Doors. They provide assistance, counselling, and services for victims from domestic violence, as well as doing education and advocacy. We should remember to count ourselves lucky to be able to do something as ridiculous as Santacon. Everyone should be able to enjoy the 'magic' of the holidays. So, maybe we can help others be a little bit safer and merrier while we're having our fun.Donate today!
If you're not in Maine, check out Santacon.info, who maintains a big list. Maybe you'll find something a little closer to home!
SantaCon happens across the world. We're very loosely affiliated. In that we each do our own thing and never talk. On occasion, we wave hello and wish each other Merry Christmas. SantaCon rules and organization can vary wildly, so each will be its own experience.