Sept 2, 2022 Update
We haven't cancelled yet, but don't get too excited. We have to see how things go. Check in with us the first week of Oct.
There's a new COVID booster, which we highly recommend getting it. Get your flu shot while you're at it. Maybe this will make it safer for all of us.
The bar-scape has changed quite a bit in the last couple years, so we're very open to hearing from new venues and setting up new stops. If you have a new favorite place in the old port, put us in touch.
Santacon Portland occurs on the first Saturday of December. Our next crawl is scheduled for Dec 3, 2022.
All of our updates hit our facebook page first, you can go back and look at the 2019 event listing.
If you're looking for info about Santacon Portland, check the following links:
- Facebook - most of our organization and communication is through FB, so check us there.
- Photos from Samuel Cousins - Sam's our photographer. He's got ten years of photos over here.
- Twitter: @SantaconPWM - You can also say hi on Twitter.
We use the hashtag #SantaconPWM across all social media. #Santacon gets used all over, so adding our airport code makes it unique to both. Santas are on all the networks.
Example Schedule from 2019
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Rosies, Pat's Pizza, Three Dollar Deweys, & Fore Play
Note: notice these are all food places. Get some.
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Port City Music Hall
Photo at Monument Square
7:45 PM - 9:15 PM
Oasis, Bonfire, & Drink Exchange
9:15 PM - 10:45 PM
Gritty's, Bull Feeney's, & Thirsty Pig
Group Photo at Post Office Park (across from Tommy's Park)
11:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Old Port Tavern, Slice and Ice Bar
What do I need to know?
- Costumes are required. Just a santa hat is not enough. The silliness is the point. A full Santa suit is the best costume, but we're open to others if they're creative. (Other santacons are santa-suits-only. We're not.) We've seen lots of reindeer, Christmas trees, leg lamps, a few snowmen, and even a Hanukkah Harry.
- You don't have to come for the whole thing, but it is fun to. It's really worth trying to be there for the group photo.
- There are no tickets. You can just show up (in costume). We'd appreciate if you marked yourself as attending on the facebook event, so we can estimate numbers. But if someone tries to sell you a ticket, they're not one of us.
- For the most part, the group sticks together. Listen for "Santas on the move!" as notice to head to the next place.
- Adults only. This is a bar crawl. It's 21+. If you're reading this now, go get your wallet, and check that your ID hasn't expired.
- Pace yourself. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Add in some extra glasses of water. Make sure to stop somewhere for food.
- Cash is your friend. Gets you in and out from the bar faster.
- Santa tips well.
- Don't be a Krampus. Everyone's out to have a good time. If you're a bad drunk, Santa reserves the right to kick you out of the club.
- Remember why we do this - Because it's fun. The holidays are a very stressful time, and they're very focused on kids and family. While that's fine and all, Santacon gives the adults a chance to do something fun and silly. So, come have a drink (or three) with us, make some friends, have a good time.
- Take two asprin and drink two large glasses of water before you go to bed.
- Questions? Send them through Facebook or Twitter.
If your venue is interested in being a stop, give us a shout. FB's probably the fastest response. But you can email santa@ this domain name too.
Our venue list and route gets sorted out in November, but feel free to contact at us any time about particating.
Letting us know your limits/capacity will be helpful. In the past, we've had 500+ santas all out at once. Therefore, we try to have multiple venues for each stop.
Even if you're not on the official route, you're welcome to hang a Santas-Welcome sign, even on the day of. Attach some food or drink specials, and we'll definitely share it. There's always overflow, and Santas looking to try somewhere new.
If you don't want Santas, you may want to hang a No-Santas sign. We'll respect any such requests.
A lot has changed during COVID times. We're still figuring it out. Let us know if you have protocols or feelings.
- Media Requests - for interviews, photos, etc - can be directed to Sam Cousins, our media representative & photographer. Email sam@ this domain. Requests can also be made via FB and Twitter.
- If you have an article or photos to share, send them along, and we'll share them to the group.