Santacon Portland occurs annually on the first Saturday of December.
Join hundreds of other Santas on an epic bar crawl! We're one of many Santacon events that happen across the world. Come out and have a few drinks with us!
All of our updates hit our facebook page first.RSVP on Facebook
If you're looking for info about Santacon Portland, check the following links:
- Facebook - most of our organization and communication is through FB, so check us there.
- Photos from Samuel Cousins - Sam's our photographer. He's got many years of photos over here.
We use the hashtag #SantaconPWM across all social media. #Santacon gets used all over, so adding our airport code makes it unique to both. Santas are on all the networks.
The 2022 Route
This is *not* 2023's. But it'll give you an idea of what we it'll look like. This will get replaced in Nov.
Locations4:00pm - 5:30pm 5:30pm - 6:30pm 6:30pm - 7:00pm
Group Photo - Line up in front of the tree, facing the statue.7:00pm - 8:15pm 8:15pm - 9:30pm 9:30pm - 10:45pm 10:45pm - 11:00pm
Intersection of Wharf St & Dana St
Miss the earlier stop? Come for the late night group pic. Wharf & Dana are closed to traffic, so meet right in the middle of the st.11:00pm - 12:30am
The 2022 Map
As venues come on board, we'll list the various specials here. Offering specials is a great way to attract santas.
What do I need to know?
- Costumes are required. Just a santa hat or a funny sweater is not enough. The silliness is the point. A full Santa suit is the best costume, but we're open to others if they're creative. (Other santacons are santa-suits-only. We're not.) We've seen lots of reindeer, Christmas trees, leg lamps, a few snowmen, and even a Hanukkah Harry.
- You don't have to come for the whole thing, but it is fun to. It's really worth trying to be there for the group photo. There's usually a late night group photo. And Sam (our photographer) is around.
- There are no tickets. You can just show up (in costume). We'd appreciate if you marked yourself as attending on the facebook event, so we can estimate numbers. But if someone tries to sell you a ticket, they're not one of us.
- For the most part, the group sticks together. Listen for "Santas on the move!" as notice to head to the next place.
- Adults only. This is a bar crawl. It's 21+, no exceptions. If you're reading this now, go get your wallet, and check that your ID hasn't expired. Anticipate beign carded at every stop.
- Pace yourself. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Add in some extra glasses of water. Make sure to stop somewhere for food.
- Cash is your friend. Gets you in and out from the bar faster.
- Santa tips well.
- Don't be a Krampus. Everyone's out to have a good time. If you're a bad drunk, Santa reserves the right to kick you out of the club.
- Look for "Santas Welcome" or "No Santas" signs - if a venue doesn't want Santas, that's okay, we have lots of other options.
- Remember why we do this - Because it's fun. The holidays are a very stressful time, and they're very focused on kids and family. While that's fine and all, Santacon gives the adults a chance to do something fun and silly. So, come have a drink (or three) with us, make some friends, have a good time.
- Take two asprin and drink two large glasses of water before you go to bed.
- Questions? Send them through Facebook, Twitter, or email Santa.
If your venue is interested in being a stop, give us a shout. FB's probably the fastest response. But you can email Santa too. If it's helpful, we can talk on the phone, or even drop in. Be happy to answer any questions you might have.
All the Santas move together as a group from stop to stop. Each stop is approximately 1-1½ hours. Depending on capacity, there maybe multiple venues for each stop.
Our venue list and route gets sorted out in November, but feel free to contact at us any time about particating.
Letting us know your limits/capacity will be helpful. In the past, we've had 500+ santas all out at once. We don't want to crush your and your staff. But we do want you to be full. Therefore, we try to have multiple venues for each stop.
Even if you're not on the official route, you can hang a "Santas Welcome" sign, even on the day of. Attach some food or drink specials, and we'll definitely share it. There's always overflow, and Santas looking to try somewhere new.
We can limit (to a degree) the hours that Santas are heading to you. If you want them earlier evening or late night, we can accomdate.
If you don't want Santas, you may want to hang a "No Santas" sign. We'll respect any such requests.
A lot has changed during COVID times. We're still figuring it out. Let us know if you have protocols or feelings. (This is from 2022, but still applies.)
We don't do drink tickets. Santa will pay for drinks with regular American currency.
Over the past years, we've collected donations for Through These Doors. They provide assistance, counselling, and services for victims from domestic violence, as well as doing education and advocacy. We should remember to count ourselves lucky to be able to do something as ridiculous as Santacon. Everyone should be able to enjoy the 'magic' of the holidays. So, maybe we can help others be a little bit safer and merrier while we're having our fun.